Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Croatia!



Well, I have finally made it to beautiful Pula Croatia. Three days later several hundreds of dollars down from London, a missed plane flight and a five hour car ride from Venice Italy.

I arrived in London hassle free, got a great room in Hyde park and spent way too much money. I was 5 minutes late and missed my plane to Trieste. The next flight was not until the following day so I decided to fly to Venice because I knew I had to get out of London. Everything there is SO expensive. A meal and two drinks was $60. The airline charged me almost $200 for my cello and baggage. Luckily I can get reimbursed from the festival.

What a crazy mess missing my flight became. Dovla and Zrinka came to pick me up in Trieste but I wasnt there so they freaked out and eventually got an email from me that I was in Venice. Luckily they were very wonderful and patient. They drove two more hours to Venice to get me and we made it back into Croatia late last night. For us in America a 3 hour dirve is nothing. In Europe you pass through three countires and it is considered a long long way.

Everyone at the festival is so nice. I have never felt so welcomed. They rented a room for Bluetech and I in the town of Pula. Everyone has been so helpful and friendly. I was even asked to open the festival on the main stage! Luckily Bluetech and I have some cool ideas together so we are going to do two sets together. One will be my solo set and the other will be an improv set. I am really looking forward to seeing how my music goes over with the locals here.

There are also some great artists from all over Europe including Germany, all of Eastern Europe, Holland and more.


Zrinka in the long car ride from Venice, Italy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home