Friday, July 29, 2005

3000 year old city...



OK, I am in love with Croatia. The people are so amazing and the country is just as wonderful.

Pula is a 3000 year old city. You can just see all the history in the town. The festival is at an old military base. I can not begin to explain how amazing it is to be in a place that once endured war and now there are thousands of young people dancing and enjoying themselves. There is such a sense of community amongst all the people as well. It is such a different vibe than the festivals in the states.

I have never been so taken care of. The promoters have rented three apartments that house all of the international artists. There are some of the top electronic music producers in Europe staying there. Yesterday several performers arrived from Germany, France, Italy and Sweden.

I was also asked to open the festival on the main stage which is one of the greatest honors. The President of the Croatian parliament was there and I played to a happy dancing crowd of several hundreds of people. I also did a set today and will do one more tomorrow with Bluetech.

Spending this time with Bluetech has been amazing as well. He has become one of my closest new friends and I feel very fortunate to have had this chance to play with him half way across the world. We also are planning an album when we both return from Europe.

I have tons of pictures and video to upload but I might not be able to do that until I get to Amsterdam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home