Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The next adventure...




So here I am drinking my cappuccino waiting at the airport for the next adventure. Croatia has been so good to me. I did three full sets at the festival and they all went really well. Several of the DJ’s ended up spinning my record throughout the festival and it felt so good to have my music so well received. I can’t wait to come back next year to play the same festival. The people were so welcoming and helpful. They paid me well, feed me, gave me a room and filled my heart with joy. This tour was just what the doctor ordered. So far I have walked away with dozens of new contacts to record labels, a new booking agent who will help me book shows around the world, several new friends and the highest spirit I’ve been in for months.

I am very excited about Amsterdam as well. It’s been two years since I was there and the last time I was there I didn’t want to leave.

In some ways, it’s good that I lost my job. Now I can be free to travel the world. When I return from Amsterdam, I am booked to perform at the Shambalah festival in Canada and then I go to Burning Man. As they say when one door closes another one opens. I am very excited about having this chance to travel. It’s what I have always wanted to do but I was never sure that everything would work out. So I guess this blog maybe a long journal that lasts a few years. :)

So, here are the pictures I was promising. There will be more to come of the festival and also of Amsterdam. :)

Tales of the tour pictures

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

So that's what Croatia looks like! So happy you're having a great time and making amazing contacts. Go Rena!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home